- The ScannerVision Processing Engine installation executable contains all pre-requisite runtime libraries. Once configured it operates as a Windows service and may be left unattended once configured. Likewise, the Aivika Desktop client installer is self-contained and can be deployed to each PC as required.
- It is recommended that ScannerVision is installed on a dedicated server wherever possible, this can be a physical or virtual server.
- We do not advise any installation of ScannerVision on a Domain Controller or Exchange Server - We are unable to provide support for any installations of ScannerVision on Domain or Exchange servers and will not be liable for any issues arising from installations on servers that provide critical business operations
- It is important to ensure there are enough resources (CPU cores \ processors and RAM) to run ScannerVision, any Additional Document Processors and, the Server OS with any other applications that are installed and in use.
- As a guide for best performance, a processor running at a high clock speed will be beneficial for intensive processing tasks
- Many components in the ScannerVision Processing Engine are multithreaded, or designed to run as a separate process. Therefore these components may benefit from multicore-enabled operating systems and hardware.
- As standard, embedded clients connect over a TCP socket using port 1983. This can be changed to a different port from the Settings screen in the Processing Engine and clients, if required.